Thursday, 7 January 2016

Anthropomorphism

For the anthropomorphism task we were given the poem spangled pandemonium we were to either approach it for a child or a Adult audience.

I wanted to approach it for an Adult Audience.

in my research into the spangled Pandemonium I took my main inspiration from Joohee Yoon's "Beastly verse"
I liked the overlaying block colours, and although the book was intended for children i felt that there is some imagery that could made use of in a horror context. 
Unlike other depictions of the spangled pandemonium I felt that it that this drew upon more animalistic features and didn't shy away from making it creepy, especially with it's unusual eyes.

this is my finished product:


Taking the illustrative style of beastly verse I shifted it into a POV shot as to better put yourself into the picture, letting the spangled pandemonium be at an eye level with the viewer as to intimidate the viewer.

Bibliography:

Yoon, J. 2015. Beastly verse. USA. ENCHANTED LION BOOKS

No comments:

Post a Comment