in this task I was given the Kubrick film The Shining, the clip our group was given was the clip titled "all work and no play"
These are my notes on the scene:
this is the break down of all the camera angles i did:
This was my comic in reflection to my analysis of Kubricks directing
In my deeper research into Kubrick's directing, I found that he had many styles in his editing, the shining was famed more for it's "crawling" low to the ground shots where the camera shows much of the body. i wanted to use this more with upward angle shots and many panels that show the characters back. the shining also had a overall very cold colour pallet and I wanted to use a contrasting colour pallet with yellow being the highlight to emphasise the darkness of it.
bibliography
The shining. 1980. [Film] Stanley Kubrick. dir. USA: The Producer Circle Company


No comments:
Post a Comment