In this task we where given a short presentation on the simplification of characters emotions in order to create empathy with the viewer
We where tasked with writing our thoughts and emotions throughout a daily occurrence.
my personal writing was a break down of events within a line at a supermarket.
- please move quickly
- nope
- don't want to reach over someones stuff to much
- hello, yes please notice me and how far the dividers are away from my arms
- there are people moving behind me I really need to get a divider
- [INTERNAL SCREAMING]
- oh thank christ
- did the guy behind me really just sigh obnoxiously loud
- oh god my bag is heavy
- bear it
- and the till just broke.
- hoping but not expecting
- realisation
- annoyance
- wordless bargaining
- aprehension
- panic
- thankfulness
- annoyance
- Self realisation
- concentration
- dissapointment
In this example we can see a range of varied expressions. Beaton has a certain levels of simplification where she will add or omit features like wrinkles only the emphasize the character emotions, they are not a constant facial feature. some of the most simplistic expressions she creates omit eyes just for dots. with this in mind I used my creative writing piece to illustrate the narrative with a series of head shots.
This was my final result and I feel as thought I have better experience with character simplification and subtlety within expression. I have learnt that slight changes can drastically change how an audience can interpret an expression.
bibliography:
Beaton.K. 2016. Young Goodman Brown.[online] [4th april 2016] Available from: http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=388


No comments:
Post a Comment