Sunday, 3 January 2016

Visual research task

these are some of the exercise that I did from "how to be and explorer of the world" by Keri smith

the first exercise was using a small finder window and draw objects that are not easily definable in the finder.
i found the task hard at first trying to find things that are not exactly easily identifiable but also visually interesting. and I had an appreciation for the small textures that make up and around my workspace.


the second exercise was to take paint chips and over a week fill the colours out with anything that the colour may have reminded you of. I had trouble finding paint chips and I used a full colour card, however I had fun with this project. Some of the colours where of actual existing items, some of them I had saw and the word had come to mind some of the colours where based off feelings and thoughts.
i've always had a great appreciation for colour so it was lovely to engage with it in a different context and think about how we can interpret colour so abstractly.





No comments:

Post a Comment